Sunday, 9 September 2012

Force-fitting and improvements made


For my first force fitting, I used a flexible pencil as my object and I transformed it into a snake. I managed to do this by explaining each feature.





Then one day, I saw my friend having a ladybird iPhone button sticker. That ladybird triggered my mind and I immediately thought of using the method of force-fitting to transform the ladybird into something else. But I was unsure if I could do that so I just kept it as an option. After that, nothing really triggered my mind. Soon our first group meeting was over and from the discussion, I knew that I was a producer. Going back home, I went to research on what is tundra all about.

After a few days, I still wanted to do on the ladybird but then I researched on the arctic tundra plants’ characteristics and adaptations first. 

I started doing paper marshae of the ladybird. I started out with a body and then the two parts above it, separately.  I painted one of them white and the rest black. Then, i thought of having a detachable head and used one of the black balls as my head. Then I researched about plants' adaptations in tundra and did a force fitting for my organism.
Along the way, my group mates reminded me about leaves for photosynthesizing and some adaptations to protect my organism from the extreme cold. Then I added some adaptations which includes the black spots with hair and green spots for leaves.

An annotated photo guide to how you made your organism





–      What were the materials used?
Paper, paint, hair, mustard seeds
–      How did you utilize them?
–      Paper- for paper marshae
–      Paint- to paint it
–      Hair- used to say that the organism can trap heat
–      Mustard seeds- used as spores

No comments:

Post a Comment